Rivian Membership for R1T Electric Truck, R1S Electric SUV
Once upon a time, vehicles were regarded for what they were—transportation, mechanical appliances that delivered passengers from point A to point B. Of course, reliability, functionality, affordability, and style were always important factors, but like washing machines, for the masses not passionately into custom cars, vehicles mostly stayed in their own lanes (ha!) and didn’t merge (ha!) too much into the wholeness of life. You bought a car and moved on with life.
As technology progresses—and the associated skyrocketing price tags reflect those advances—that’s all changing. Many are demanding more from their vehicles—more connectivity, more community, more customization, more opportunities, more freedom. Vehicles are now experiences, extensions of the self, objects that represent values, goals, passions, change, and purposes. Buying a vehicle is now just the beginning of the new ownership experience.
The logical solution? A membership.
New electric vehicle companies like Rivian have risen to and perpetuated this challenge by offering a Rivian Membership full of exclusive opportunities and products for Rivian owners. It’s like a club membership attached to your vehicle, full of services and experiences, and heck, maybe members could beg and plead for a free T-shirt.
What’s Included in the Rivian Membership, Currently in Beta Form?
- Unlimited free R1T electric truck and R1S EV SUV charging on the Rivian Adventure Network and all Rivian Waypoints charges
- Rivian off-roadside assistance with Adventure Extraction for trailside recovery
- Charge Assurance for charging assistance if you run out of range
- Rivian-led experiences, gatherings, and events
- Unlimited access to 4G connectivity
- Rivian renewable energy purchases—”Rivian will ensure 100 percent of the energy your vehicle consumes is matched with renewable energy purchases”
- Rivian educational programs, kids’ activities, and stewardship meet-ups
- More benefits including drive modes and enhanced capabilities and in-cabin content
Rivian says that membership is free for some sort of extended trial period, after which Rivian owners will have to pony up to be part of the club. Good deal? Bad deal? Too good to be true? At this point, who knows.
Motor Trend, which considers the rivian r1t EV truck to be the most remarkable pickup it’s ever driven, recently took pre-production versions of the electric pickup truck on an epic off-road test across the U.S. on the Trans-America Trail, a 5,000-plus-mile route stretching from the dunes of Nags Head, North Carolina, on the Atlantic coast, to the cliffs of Port Orford, Oregon, overlooking the Pacific. The whole adventure is well documented (check out Part 1 and Part 2).
Welcome to the club … of vehicle membership?
Source: Read Full Article