IARA Readies for Record Turnout at Summer Roundtable
Joe Miller, the executive vice president of client success at AutoIMS, will emcee the 2022 IARA Summer Roundtable in Nashville, Aug. 16-18. He's pictured here at the 2022 Conference of Automotive Remarketing held in March in Las Vegas.
The leading trade group for consignors anticipates the strongest turnout to date for its annual Summer Roundtable conference set for Aug. 16-18 in Nashville, Tennessee.
The International Automotive Remarketers Alliance already weeks ago blew through its room block at the Nashville Hilton as it sees more registrations from non-members and members alike, leaders said during a recent committee call. The conference usually attracts 200+ attendees but appears poised to land signifcantly more as registrations tally up daily.
One motive driving attendance is an agenda that brings together information on a range of remarketing industry challenges, including supply chain and inflationary pressures on vehicle sales flow, growing demand for fleet vehicles, latter-pandemic economic disruptions, and the first wave of electric vehicles entering the consignor-dealer-auction sales and buying circuit.
The gathering attracts a mix of consignors, auction operators, vehicle dealers and remarketing industry professionals of every position or role. For the first time, the Roundtable will be emceed by Joe Miller, the executive vice president for client success at AutoIMS and frequent host of previous panels and workshops at industry conferences.
The IARA Summer Roundtable attracts some big names in the remarketing industry. At the 2021 Roundtable in San Antonio, panel host Charlie Vogelheim interviewed a history-making executive panel in a rare appearance (L to R): Former KAR Global CEO and current Executive Chairman and Chairman of the Board Jim Hallett, former Cox Automotive CEO and current CEO of the Cox Family Office Sandy Schwartz, new KAR Global CEO Peter Kelly, and new Cox Automotive CEO Steve Rowley.
An Active Conference Schedule
Among the Roundtable agenda highlights:
- Ernie Garcia, the CEO of Carvana, will kick off the conference on Aug. 16 in a keynote presentation that will delve into the company’s latest plans for ADESA, which it announced earlier this year and has been acquiring and integrating into its operations.
- For the closing keynote on Aug 18, Kristin Slanina, chief information officer of Parkmyfleet and managing director of Charge Across America, a 10-day professionally filmed electric vehicle rally from New York to Los Angeles, will expound on her decades of work across mobility, powertrain engineering, electric vehicles, and advanced technologies.
- A thorough look at the economic state of the remarketing industry with a panel of leading industry economists: Tom Kontos of KAR Global, Alex Yurchenko of Black Book, and Jonathan Smoke of Cox Automotive.
- Sessions on how to simplify cyber security as it applies to the vast data housed in the electronic devices of newer vehicles moving through auctions, and how data in businesses can lead to better insights that drive decision making.
- A networking and social event at Nashville’s Country Music Hall of Fame on Wednesday, Aug. 17 from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Summer Roundtable: AGENDA details and REGISTRATION information.
The 2022 IARA Summer Roundtable is open to all IARA members and non-members across the remarketing industry.
Source: Read Full Article