How Do Car Seats Fit in a 2020 Lexus LX 570?
Editor’s note: This Car Seat Check was written in July 2019 about the 2019 Lexus LX 570. Little of substance has changed with this year’s model. See what’s new for 2020 or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.
The verdict: Lexus’ 2019 LX 570 full-size luxury SUV seats five in its two-row version or up to eight in its three-row version, and for this Car Seat Check, we tested the two-row version with a second-row bench seat. Ample room and easy-access Latch anchors helped it score well.
Does it fit three car seats? Yes
Take a look at how the Latch system and each car seat scored below in our Car Seat Check of the 2019 Lexus LX 570.
Related: Search Car Seat Checks
- Latch: The two sets of lower anchors sit under Velcro flaps and are easy to use. Three top tether anchors can be found on the seatbacks. The outboard anchors are on top of the seatback, but the middle one is down at the base of the seat and not clearly marked.
- Infant: This seat went in easily and the 5-foot, 6-inch-tall front passenger had ample legroom.
- Rear-facing convertible: Again, we had no trouble installing this car seat and it fit well.
- Booster: After raising the head restraint, the booster fit well. The seat belt buckles are on stable stalks, which should make them easy for kids to grasp and use.
- Forward-facing convertible: We had no trouble connecting to the lower anchors, and after raising the head restraint, the convertible fit well. This seat received a B, however, because of the middle position’s top tether anchor placement. Since it is so close to the ground, it’s harder to see and near cargo hooks, which could confuse caregivers. Cargo hooks should never be used in place of a top tether anchor.
About Cars.com’s Car Seat Checks
Editors Jennifer Geiger, Jennifer Newman and Matt Schmitz are certified child safety seat installation technicians.
For the Car Seat Check, we use a Graco SnugRide Classic Connect 30 infant-safety seat, a Britax Marathon convertible seat and Graco TurboBooster seat. The front seats are adjusted for a 6-foot driver and a shorter passenger. The three child seats are installed in the second row. The booster seat sits behind the driver’s seat, and the infant and convertible seats are installed behind the front passenger seat.
We also install the forward-facing convertible in the second row’s middle seat with the booster and infant seat in the outboard seats to see if three car seats will fit; a child sitting in the booster seat must be able to reach the seat belt buckle. If there’s a third row, we install the booster seat and a forward-facing convertible. Learn more about how we conduct our Car Seat Checks.
Parents should also remember that they can use the Latch system or a seat belt to install a car seat, and that Latch anchors have a weight limit of 65 pounds, including the weight of the child and the weight of the seat itself.
Cars.com’s Editorial department is your source for automotive news and reviews. In line with Cars.com’s long-standing ethics policy, editors and reviewers don’t accept gifts or free trips from automakers. The Editorial department is independent of Cars.com’s advertising, sales and sponsored content departments.
Source: Read Full Article