How Do Car Seats Fit in a 2020 Cadillac XT5?
The verdict: Cadillac’s compact XT5 SUV got some updates for 2020, including subtle styling tweaks, a new base engine, a new transmission and more standard safety tech. There’s a lot to like about its backseat — for example, there’s plenty of room for two car seats and installation was easy.
Does it fit three car seats? No.
Take a look at how the Latch system and each car seat scored below in our Car Seat Check of the 2020 Cadillac XT5.
Related: Search Car Seat Checks
- Latch: The two sets of lower anchors are exposed; they’re easy to find and use. Three top tether anchors sit a third of the way down the seatback; they’re clearly marked for easy access and connection.
- Infant: This seat was easy to install and had plenty of room. Our 5-foot, 6-inch-tall front passenger was comfortable.
- Rear-facing convertible: Again, the seat installed easily and had ample room.
- Forward-facing convertible: After raising the head restraint, the seat fit flat against the seatback. We had no trouble installing it using the lower anchors and top tether anchor.
- Booster: After raising the head restraint, the booster fit well. The seat belt buckles in the middle and on the driver’s side are on tall, stable stalks, making them easy for kids to use independently. The passenger side buckle, however, is on a floppy stalk, which could make it difficult for kids to grasp and use. Also, caregivers should note that the middle seat doesn’t have a head restraint, so a kid in a backless booster shouldn’t sit there.
About Cars.com’s Car Seat Checks
Editors Jennifer Geiger, Jennifer Newman and Matt Schmitz are certified child safety seat installation technicians.
For the Car Seat Check, we use a Graco SnugRide Classic Connect 30 infant-safety seat, a Britax Marathon convertible seat and Graco TurboBooster seat. The front seats are adjusted for a 6-foot driver and a shorter passenger. The three child seats are installed in the second row. The booster seat sits behind the driver’s seat, and the infant and convertible seats are installed behind the front passenger seat.
We also install the forward-facing convertible in the second row’s middle seat with the booster and infant seat in the outboard seats to see if three car seats will fit; a child sitting in the booster seat must be able to reach the seat belt buckle. If there’s a third row, we install the booster seat and a forward-facing convertible. Learn more about how we conduct our Car Seat Checks.
Parents should also remember that they can use the Latch system or a seat belt to install a car seat, and that Latch anchors have a weight limit of 65 pounds, including the weight of the child and the weight of the seat itself.
Cars.com’s Editorial department is your source for automotive news and reviews. In line with Cars.com’s long-standing ethics policy, editors and reviewers don’t accept gifts or free trips from automakers. The Editorial department is independent of Cars.com’s advertising, sales and sponsored content departments.
Source: Read Full Article