BYD Plug-In Car Sales More Than Tripled To 133,762 In June 2022
BYD continues to quickly increase plug-in electric car sales, maintaining an unprecedented rate of growth and setting more records.
According to the company’s report, in June, BYD plug-in car sales amounted to 133,762, which is 233% more than a year ago and a new all-time record (after 114,189 in May).
That’s the 4th consecutive monthly record and the 12th in the past 13 months. But one of the most spectacular things is that the volume increased by almost 20,000 (from the previous record) in just one single month.
The overwhelming majority of BYD sales are in China.
If we take a look at the details, it turns out that both all-electric (BEV) and plug-in hybrid (PHEV) car sales reached new record levels in June, more than tripling the volume year-over-year. An interesting thing is that BEVs grew faster than PHEVs for the first time in about 20 months.
BYD plug-in car sales results:
- BEVs: 69,544 (up 247% year-over-year)
- PHEVs: 64,218 (up 219% year-over-year)
- Total: 133,762 (up 233% year-over-year)
According to the China Passenger Car Association (CPCA), some 2,177 BYD plug-ins were exported.
BYD plug-in electric car sales – June 2022
So far this year, the company sold 638,000 plug-in electric cars. For reference, in 2021, the company sold 593,745 plug-in cars.
BYD plug-in sales year-to-date:
- BEVs: 323,520 (up 237% year-over-year)
- PHEVs: 314,637 (up 454% year-over-year)
- Total: 638,157 (up 325% year-over-year)
Many BYD plug-in models set new monthly sales records. The top-selling BYD model is the plug-in hybrid Song Plus DM (no change here), which noted 26,517 units (plus additional 5,560 all-electric units).
The second best last month was the BYD Yuan Plus EV (16,704). Strong results were also noted by the BYD Han EV (12,954), BYD Han PHEV (12,494) and BYD Qin Plus EV (11,269).
Some of the best-selling BYD plug-in models:
- BYD Song Plus DM (PHEV) – 26517 (131007 YTD)
- BYD Qin Plus DM (PHEV) – 12111 (82624 YTD)
- BYD Han EV – 12945 (65024 YTD)
- BYD Dolphin (EA1) – 10376 (58514 YTD)
- BYD Yuan Plus EV – 16704 (54846 YTD)
+ BYD Yuan EV – 3027 (23816 YTD)
- BYD Qin Plus EV – 11269 (49976 YTD)
+ BYD Qin EV – 3243 (14137 YTD)
- BYD Tang DM (PHEV) – 5051 (48712 YTD)
- BYD Song EV – 5560 (28374 YTD)
- BYD Han DM (PHEV) – 12494 (32200 YTD)
- BYD Destroyer 05 (PHEV) – 7464 (15538 YTD)
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Share on LinkedIn
- Share on Flipboard
- Share on Reddit
- Share on WhatsApp
- Send to email
Source: Read Full Article