Volvo S60 vs the competition
The car goes head-to-head against the likes of Mercedes C-Class, BMW 3-Series, Audi A4 and the Jaguar XE.
Just a couple of days ago, Volvo announced the commencement of online bookings for the 3rd generation S60 sedan. The car goes head-to-head against the likes of Mercedes C-Class, BMW 3-Series, Audi A4 and the Jaguar XE. One can also consider the Skoda Octavia VRS 245, the Skoda Superb and the Toyota Camry as a competition for the Swedish sedan.
Volvo S60 highlights
• Astonishingly handsome styling! The Volvo S60 looks absolutely fabulous
• Smooth & peppy 2.0L turbo-petrol engine (187 BHP / 300 Nm) mated to a competent 8-speed AT
• Sorted ride & handling. The S60’s high speed stability is excellent too
• Euro NCAP’s 5-star safety rating & loads of tech like adaptive cruise control, pilot assist, lane-keeping aid, collision mitigation support (front) etc.
• Depth of engineering that is as good as the best from Germany
• Volvo S60: Rs. 45.90 lakh
BMW 3 Series highlights
• Just the right size for a luxury sedan for India
• Great combination of ride and handling; just how a 3-Series should be
• 2.0-litre turbo-petrol and diesel engines developing 255 BHP and 188 BHP respectively.
• Loaded with tech, new style speedometer & more. iDrive 7 is nice to use
• 330i: Rs. 42.60 lakh
• 320d: Rs. 47.90 lakh
Mercedes C-Class highlights
• Stylish design (baby S looks) that you can stare at & admire all day
• Solid build quality & 5-star safety rating
• Features like wireless charging, Midline sound system, a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster.
• 2.0-litre turbo-petrol and diesel engines developing 148 BHP and 192 BHP respectively. The C300d develops 241 BHP.
• C200: Rs. 41.31 lakh
• C220d: Rs. 43.38 lakh
• C300d: Rs. 54.25 lakh
Audi A4 highlights
• Features like voice command function, Audi Virtual Cockpit, 3-zone automatic climate control, wireless charging
• A 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment on the higher variant and an 8.8-inch unit on the lower trim.
• Gets mild-hybrid tech and has a regenerative braking function.
• 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine developing 187 BHP and 320 Nm.
• Premium Plus: Rs. 42.34 lakh
• Technology: Rs. 46.67 lakh
Jaguar XE highlights
• Sporty styling & sharp looks.
• Excellent suspension setup. Easily the best in the segment.
• Updated driver cockpit area.
• Loads of new tech.
• 2.0-litre turbo petrol develops 247 BHP and 365 Nm.
• Jaguar XE: Rs. 46.63 lakh
Source: Read Full Article