Using my Maruti Jimny as a city runabout: 6 quick observations
Overall mileage is around 10.5 Km/L with 90 percent city driving.
BHPian lrpetrolhead recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
Completed 675 Km in my KY Jimny AT . This was a replacement for my Santro AT and the primary purpose was as a city car and for weekend farm/fun trips.
Its a great fit for my need.
As a City Car :
As easy as driving a Santro but much more exciting . I have done multiple airport and railway station drives with family and elders , no one seemed to complain other that the obvious difficulty for parents with getting in and out.
Its a great car for relaxed driving around 80-100 range. Engine will be around 2.5K RPM. The suspension setup is great , it can handle almost anything thrown at it. I did not consider Thar since I usually have rear passengers and have parking space constraints.
Few observations :
- Larger turning radius , need to be ready for 3 point turns
- Steering is on the heavy side and its a tad slower to respond.
- Easy to handle bumper to bumper traffic (lack of turbo helps here IMO)
- Head lights are great
- Great visibility , really wished they provided a height adjustable seat.
- FE is around 10.5 Km/L (90% City driving)
Read BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article