Scoop! Full details on the Tata Safari’s connected tech
The Safari’s connected car features are divided into 5 categories.
As Tata Motors is gearing up to introduce the new Safari in the Indian market later this month, more details about the SUV’s connected car features and telematics have leaked online.
The Tata Safari’s Telematics – Connected car features are divided into 5 categories:
- Safety & Security
- Remote Commands
- Alerts & Notifications
- Over The Air updates
- Health check
The complete list of features included in the Telematics package includes:
- Remote Lock/Unlock
- Remote Lights On/Off
- Remote immobilisation when car is stolen
- Unauthorised car access alert (Intrusion alert)
- Alerts about critical car parameters (including battery-related alerts)
- View trip details and provide Drive pattern analytics with Driver Score
- Valet Mode
- Nearest TML (Tata Motors Limited) service station/Roadside Assistance
- Geo fencing
- SOS SMS to emergency contact in case of accident
- View Car Health Dashboard
- Share location and get tracked live
- Tribes for socialising with other Tata car owners (gamification)
- Custom messages (such as “Happy Birthday”) on cluster
- Over The Air software updates (through the TCU – Telematics Control Unit)
- Best/Most Efficient Users of the week/month (on Driver Score basis)
- Remote Horn
- Navigation (Maps integration)
- Android Auto/Apple CarPlay for smartphone integration with weather updates
- Find My Car
- Speed alerts
- Time fencing alert
- Idle alert
- Panic notification
- What 3 Words
iRA, ConnectNext & What3Words have a validity period of 1 year. They can be downloaded for free from the App Store or the Play Store.
The new Safari is based on the OMEGARC platform that is shared with the Harrier. It will be offered in 6 and 7-seat configurations. The SUV will come equipped with features such as 9-inch touchscreen infotainment head-unit, 9-speaker JBL audio system, cruise control and front, seat-side and curtain airbags, among others.
The new Safari is expected to be offered with a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine producing 170 BHP and 350 Nm of torque. Transmission options will include a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic transmission.
Thanks to BHPian RavenAvi for sharing this information with other enthusiasts!
Source: Read Full Article