Proud Tata Harrier owner shares 13 pros & cons for prospective buyers
The SUV handles well in city traffic with decent fuel efficiency and the highway experience is mind-blowing.
BHPian Dcs99 recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
Delighted to update you that I purchased a Harrier XZ+ (MT) in dual tone color (Red+Black) in July from Kropex, Bangalore and have driven around 2500km so far with the first service completed.
Wanted to pass down some of my experiences to future/prospective buyers of this amazing vehicle just as so many others have done before me.
Brief background on the purchase decision:
I have been in the market to purchase a car since last year but had to be delayed due to various reasons. I have been viewing reviews of many cars (in both sedan and SUV space), especially on team-bhp (to whom I owe a great deal of gratitude) and many other car review websites.
Zeroed in on Harrier because:
- Me and my family loved the looks and the spacious cabin
- Features on offer were really good at the price point
- The positive reviews of the fiat engine
Points that were ignored:
- The hydraulic power steering (will get to that later)
- Fear of Tata service centres
- Unreliability of Harrier itself (with so many horror stories in this forum as well)
Other cars that we considered:
- Compass: a tad expensive and didn’t know about long-term vision of Jeep in India
- Hector: With the continuing struggles of MG in finding Indian partners, didn’t know how long the brand would continue
- XUV: Loved the car but the long waiting period and look-wise didn’t appeal to the family.
- Grand Vitara: Family didn’t consider it a big upgrade in cabin space compared to the i20. Interiors were underwhelming
- Took test drives of these vehicles but in the weeks leading up to the final decision, it always veered back to Harrier
- Paid a booking amount of Rs. 21k at Kropex Sarjapur who promptly confirmed that there was a car matching our requirements and could be delivered in time for my son’s birthday which made us doubly delighted.
- Got a fair deal for my 12-year-old i20 from Kropex along with some discounts and we went ahead with the financial arrangement.
- Car delivered on the promised date and time and made sure that all registration formalities were completed before delivery.
- No complaints about the dealership or the SA. Can be considered a pleasant experience.
Driving experience thus far
Have driven 2500 kms so far – Around 1500 kms on the highway when I went from Bangalore to my hometown near Vijayawada and rest in Bangalore traffic.
Overall, while there was initial hesitancy after reading and viewing various reviews regarding Harrier/Safari I am more than happy with my purchase. It handles well in city traffic with decent mileage and the highway experience is mind-blowing.
Cannot wait to go out onto the highway once again with family in tow.
A Proud Harrier Owner!
Check out BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article