Official start of warranty for a new car
This is because this was invoiced to another customer in Jan who later cancelled and got a Honda City instead.
ike recently shared this with other BHPians.
We have booked a Honda Jazz V CVT on the 6th of Feb, 2021 intended for my brother as his daily driver. They had the colour of our choice in stock and delivery was promised in 3 days after making full payment. Our intention was to make the payment tomorrow (9th of Feb) and try and obtain delivery by the 12th of Feb.
Today evening about an hour back, the Sales person and the sales manager visited my brother in his office and told him that for the car that they have in stock, the warranty started on January 20th, 2021. This is because this was invoiced to another customer in Jan who later cancelled and got a Honda City instead. Apparently, their system allows only one entry per VIN and hence this cannot be cancelled. As compensation, we have been offered 1 year extended warranty free of cost. We can either opt for the warranty or have the cost of warranty (INR 7500 IIRC) discounted from the vehicle price.
EDIT: 6th year warranty can be purchased only in the 5th year of ownership, they will knock off INR 7500 from the on-road price.
My questions are:
- Is the dealership being up front here or is there some kind of scam?
- I’m not sure if we would have found this if they did not tell us.
- I have looked up the VIN and it is a Jan 2021 manufactured car.
- Is there a possibility that this particular car was registered to someone else and was returned to the dealership due to reasons unknown?
- I’m yet to do a PDI and have not seen the car in person.
The dealer in question is Johns Honda in Thrissur. The showroom experience so far has been really good, the people have been professional and courteous. Attaching a picture of the VIN for reference.
Thanks to ike once again! Check out BHPian comments for more insights & information.
Source: Read Full Article