No improvement in my Vento ride quality even after spending Rs. 1 lakh
Car wobbles a bit on plain-fresh laid roads and on higher speeds 60-80kmph, vertical movements can be felt in the car. Driving on potholed road and unpaved surfaced is a nightmare.
BHPian Rahul_ recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
Update on what happened next in last month on the car:
- Car went in for 3rd annual service – Regular service was completed on the car.
- Suspension issue was pointed out, the entire suspension (except coil springs) was replaced by the service centre to OEM components. I wanted to check if using aftermarket components was affecting the ride. Anyways, I have always preferred OEMs as they are properly tested for the car, this was the only non-stock part in the car which was changed in emergency.
- Post the suspension change, ride quality did not improve much. The change was very small, if at all. Car wobbles a bit on plain-fresh laid roads and on higher speeds 60-80kmph, vertical movements can be felt in the car. Driving on potholed road and unpaved surfaced is a nightmare. I feel uncomfortable and my wife(who is pregnant) just cannot tolerate the ride on bad surfaces. This is despite my trying to go as slow on the bumps.
- I rented different cars and trying using another Skoda Rapid (essentially same car) to feel if I am being paranoid about the ride and discovered that Rapid (4 year old) and other cars had way better ride than my car with new suspension.
- I checked wheel balancing for my car at Tyre Empire and they tried “Force matching” on the tyres which involves taking off the tyre from the alloy and matching it correctly according to weights and give the right place on tyre and allow that should be matched.
- I followed up with PPS VW, they were gracious enough to send their staff to my apartment complex where I could take around on roads I know and demonstrate the issues faced by me. We did the lengthy road tests and checked the wheel balancing at a reputed shop nearby. They admitted that the car was indeed not fine in terms of handling. Couple of other issues were also observed an acknowledged (sound from steering column, DSG judder when accelerating on turns).
- Car is at PPS workshop currently being worked on by the folks under one of the Service Advisor who has been earlier praised in the forum. I will keep this space posted once I receive the car back.
Currently to me, the probable cause seems to be either tyres(Michelin Primacy 4ST – bought July’21) or coil springs (which do not go bad so early and easily). Nearly all other parts in suspension setup have been changed but the ride is nowhere near the stock/new car or even other similar cars.
Fingers crossed as after having spent close to 1 lakh for suspension repair twice in last 5 months, if the car doesn’t get repaired now – only option left would be to sell it, which is something I am not mentally ready as the engine is exceptionally good, car is only 3 years old and I initially intended to keep is much longer (following the logic presented several times in this forum).
Check out BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article