Mahindra Thar launched at Rs. 9.80 lakh
The new Thar comes in AX and LX trims. It is offered with petrol and diesel engine options paired with either a 6-speed MT or 6-speed AT.
Mahindra has launched the second generation Thar in India. The off-roader is priced from Rs. 9.80 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
The new Thar is based on the Gen3 chassis. The SUV has a ground clearance of 226 mm and can wade through 650 mm of water. It has a 42 degree approach angle and a 37 degree departure angle.
The Thar retains its rugged and retro looks with circular headlamps and wider fenders. While it gets a new grille, customers can switch to the more familiar look by swapping it out for an after market 7-slat or 5-slat grille. At the rear, the Thar gets a tail gate-mounted spare wheel and rectangular tail lamps. The side steps are neatly integrated between the fender claddings. The SUV is available with a soft top or a hard top and rides on new 5-spoke 18-inch alloy wheels.
The interior of the Thar is washable. It features a front facing rear seat and roof mounted speakers. The new dashboard houses a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment head-unit that has Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity. It also displays the pitch and roll angles, G meter, among other parameters. The new instrument cluster houses a colour TFT display.
Mahindra Thar feature highlights:
- Height Adjustable Driver Seat with Adjustable Lumbar Support
- Smart Watch & Phone Connectivity with Blue Sense App
- Drizzle resistant (IP54 Standard) dashboard switches
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
- Tyre Direction Monitoring System
- Cruise Control
The new Thar is available with two engine options. These include a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder mStallion petrol that produces 150 BHP and 320 Nm and a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel that makes 130 BHP and 320 Nm. Both engines are available with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic transmission. Four-wheel drive with a manual shift transfer case is standard across all variants.
The new Thar comes in two trim levels – AX (Adventure Series) and LX (Lifestyle Series):
- AX – Fixed soft top, side facing seats, steel wheels, mechanical lockable differentials and a manual transmission.
- LX – Soft top or hard top and automatic transmission option for the diesel, while the petrol engine comes with an automatic transmission only.
Mahindra Thar technical highlights:
- Independent Front Suspension & Multi-Link Rear Suspension set-up
- Shift-on-the-Fly 4×4 Manual Shift Transfer Case with Low Ratio
- Mechanical Locking Differential on the Rear Axle
- Brake Locking Differential
- Electromechanical Driveline Disconnect
In terms of safety features, the Thar comes equipped with dual airbags, ABS with EBD, ESP, cruise control, hill hold assist, hill descent control, optional roll cage and ISOFIX child safety seat anchors.
The new Thar is available in six colour options – Red Rage, Mystic Copper, Galaxy Grey, Napoli Black, Rocky Beige and Aquamarine.
Mahindra Thar variant-wise prices:
Petrol Std 6-Seater Soft Top – Rs. 9.80 lakh
Petrol 6-Seater Soft Top – 10.65 lakh
Diesel 6-Seater Soft Top – Rs. 10.85 lakh
Petrol 4-Seater Convertible Top – Rs. 11.90 lakh
Diesel 4-Seater Convertible Top – Rs. 12.10 lakh
Diesel 4-Seater Hard Top – Rs. 12.20 lakh
Petrol 4-Seater Hard Top – Rs. 12.49 lakh
Diesel 4-Seater Convertible Top – Rs. 12.85 lakh
Diesel 4-Seater Hard Top – Rs. 12.95 lakh
Petrol AT 4-Seater Convertible Top – Rs. 13.45 lakh
Petrol AT 4-Seater Hard Top – Rs. 13.55 lakh
Diesel AT 4-Seater Convertible Top – Rs. 13.65 lakh
Diesel AT 4-Seater Hard Top – Rs. 13.75 lakh
Source: Read Full Article