Honda Elevate CVT: Initial observations after a test drive
When you are in part throttle, engine is smooth and also it is very relaxed thanks to a smooth CVT (frame of reference for me is Nexon AMT).
BHPian rajshenoy recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
I got a chance to finally test drive the Elevate (mainly the CVT) and have mixed feelings about the car.
- Boot is excellent and is really 450+ ltr unlike the false claims by the Koreans
- Though it is a CVT, it was not boring. Throttle response felt crisp, especially in sports mode, it was very eagerly reacting to my gentle taps.
- Built felt better than that of the Koreans
- Great rear leg/knee room and decent under-thigh support with raised footrest.
- Rear seat shoulder room is only enough for 2 + 1 kid. I am 5.7 and could almost touch the other door stretching from the other end.
- Sunroof is a joke, wish they did not offer one(I doubt my head could have gone out of it)
- During my test drive(simulated my typical city drive), efficiency did not look great and I got around 10.5 kmpl on MID. My Corolla (manual) with 1.8 NA petrol returns 11-12 for a similar stretch
- On the white color door, the weird rubber strips look so ugly and feel like cost-cutting
Overall, for those looking for a 1.5 NA car for an urban environment(small family 2+2) and having a 20L budget, I feel this is a very good car.
Check out BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article