Full AC service on my Tata Safari Dicor: Tasks performed, costs & more
Post service, the AC cooling has increased significantly, but the fan has become pretty loud on levels 3 and 4.
BHPian anuragisaacrout recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
After a 2 year long period of owning this vehicle, finally the A.C. had lost some of it’s cooling effect. On visiting the service station, I was told that the condenser needs to be serviced as well. Here is the cost breakup for the same:
The following was done:
- Coil cleaner & brightener mixed with water was sprayed onto the Car AC condenser.
- After letting it sit for 10-15 mins, the condenser was spray washed (I would recommend you to avoid spray wash as it led to bending of the fins).
- Refilling of the AC gas (Floron Ultra Pure Super Cool Refrigerant 134a) was refilled to a pressure of 85 psi.
- Post service, the AC cooling has increased significantly and I had absolutely no complaints earlier knowing the pending service.
- The AC Fan noise is carrying to the cabin post service even on second level, do not quite know why.
- The fan has become significantly loud on levels 3 and 4.
- Post service due to the pressure wash, the fins have been bent.
- AC Gas – Rs. 1400
- Condenser Chemical – Rs. 100
- Labour: Rs. 700
Total: Rs. 2200
The cost incurred is over what a general AC service should have costed as the labour was not extremely significant like a general service. I hope this helps all the Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 VTT owners out there incase if anyone is confused about the cost.
Chek out BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article