Drove a Jimny AT fitted with a Throttle controller; works like a charm!
I own an Alpha MT. It is my only car. For only kids in the backseat it is perfectly fine.
BHPian R.Daroga recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
Returned to this thread after a few weeks and I’m quite amused with the discussions. My few cents:
1. I own an Alpha MT. It is my only car. For only kids in the backseat, it is perfectly fine.
2. A very close friend has an Alpha AT. I drove his car which now has a throttle controller installed and the difference is day and night. The car, especially the AT gearbox now responds much quicker to our intentions. Leave it in auto mode and it works beautifully. Fuel efficiency has improved as well.
3. We went for an off-road training course in his Jimny along with some Thars, other Jimnies, and a Wrangler. There was no difference between how all cars managed the obstacles. So for off-road use, Jimny, Thar, Wrangler, Hilux, Defender. They’re all equal. Let your wallet decide. Jimny’s advantage is the narrow track which allows us to dodge rocks and obstacles rather than go over them.
4. The narrow track really helps in city driving. It’s a very practical city car that you can drive to work or go grocery shopping with. Just don’t put adults in the back seat for too long.
5. If you’re sitting on the fence about whether or not to buy the Jimny, go for it if you have a family of up to 4 with no more than 2 adults. With the right basic mods involving the air filer, spark plugs, and the controversial throttle controller, the Jimny can ride, crawl, dance, and fly the way you want it to.
6. As an owner, for the joy it has brought into my life, I do not find it overpriced. Not. One. Bit!
Check out BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article