4000km with a Skoda Kushaq Style 1.5 TSI MT
Around the 2500 km mark, the rattling noise from left A pillar cropped up, which was rectified by the service centre with padding on the cables running on the left A pillar.
BHPian KapilD recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
4000 KM update
Subsequent to my last update many days ago, i’m jotting down the experience with the Kushaq 1.5 TSI MT Style in the recent past.
1. Once I completed 1500 kms, did an Engine oil change. No difference in performance but peace of mind that no initial new engine metal micro particles would be present.
2. Past 2500 kms, the engine has become so smooth that I never know of the engine has shut down or is idling. Absolute 0 vibration on the brake pedal and gear lever.
3. Around the 2500 km mark, the rattling noise from left A pillar cropped up, which was rectified by the service centre with padding on the cables running on the left A pillar. Seems that the clip on the pillar holding the cable is having a larger diameter than required. So the cables come off.
4. The dashboard also has a squeaky noise if pressed. It seems that there is lack of padding underneath and can be rectified at the service centre and would need 1 full day. So I reserved this work for next visit. There is no noise when driving. So no nuisance at the moment.
5. Did a long drive: Kolkata-Puri-Kolkata. Observations as under:
4 adults, 1 kid, 75% boot filled with luggage, tyre pressure: 33 PSI all around
Onward Journey: Cruising at 100 kmph in 6th gear for most part of the route returned an average of 14.9 KMPL will AC running at 22* along with seat ventilation.
The Return Leg: Cruising at 80 kmph in 5th gear for most part returned an average of 16.3 kmpl. All other factors remaining the same.
So the observation is that the engine is able to get into 2 cylinder mode more easily when doing 80 in 5th gear @2000 rpm. It rarely got activated in 100 kmph in 6th gear @2000 rpm.
So the return leg was showing a total distance to empty of 800+ KM which was pretty acceptable was compared to my Polo 1.2 GT TSI which never could do this much on 45L tank where as I can now on a 50L tank.
The over all average chart is as under:
The mileage in city is hovering around 12/13 kmpl as I drive most of the time in 3rd gear only and try to get the most out of the 2 cylinder mode.
It feels like a nice game each time I go to office and come back. Best possible extraction of mileage..
The best I could extract with seat ventilation on and AC off, during the winter is as under:
And finally a parting shot with the hot selling Korean.
Personal Opinion: the European lines look better
Read BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article