2023 MG Comet EV Review : 10 Pros & 10 Cons
The Comet EV is based on the Global Small Electric Vehicle (GSEV) platform and the overall build quality is satisfactory. More importantly, it doesn’t feel like a cheap car.
MG Comet Pros
- We find the Comet EV to be well-priced for what it offers
- Ultra-compact size, light steering and small turning radius make it perfect for crowded cities
- A well-built hatchback that doesn’t feel cheap
- Real world range should be 150 – 160 km which is enough for an urban commuter
- Adjustable drive modes and selectable regen braking are useful in various driving conditions
- Zero emissions, cheap running costs & green image will appeal to a lot of people
- Good-looking cabin that has adequate space for 4 people to drive around town
- Tech includes a 10.25-inch touchscreen with wireless Android Auto & Apple CarPlay, connected car benefits, cool starting procedure (no button to press), digital key sharing, etc.
- Good feature list for 8 lakhs! LED headlamps, indirect TPMS, keyless entry, split folding rear seat, reverse parking camera with sensors, etc.
- Plenty of customization options and accessories to make your car truly unique
MG Comet Cons
- Weird, funky styling may not appeal to everyone
- Not for people who want to do highway runs. This car is strictly for the city only
- 2-door design means difficult rear seat access. Also, it is a 4-seater, not 5
- 41 BHP motor isn’t fun-to-drive. Top speed is limited to 80 km/h
- Can be used only as the 2nd or 3rd car of the house. Surely not your primary vehicle
- Zero boot space with all the seats up. You’ll have to fold the rear seats if you want to carry any luggage
- No DC fast charging or even AC fast charging options. Just home charging is available which takes 7 hours for a full charge (10 – 80% in 5 hours)
- The usual EV challenges (charging infrastructure, brand new tech could mean niggles, range anxiety)
- Missing features like seat height adjustment (tall drivers would want to lower the seat), rear washer and wiper, spare wheel!!
- 2-speaker sound system is just sad
Read Team-BHP’s detailed MG Comet EV Review.
Source: Read Full Article