2022 MG ZS EV: Delivery & initial impressions
The driving experience is simply amazing. Apart from the high acceleration and silence that you would expect from an EV, the handling and suspension is also quite good.
BHPian siddharthgarg recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
I got my Red ZS EV today. My booking was done on 7th Feb 2022 in MG Noida.
Here are my first impressions:
- The drive experience is simply amazing. Apart from the high acceleration and silence that you would expect from an EV, the handling and suspension is also quite good.
- Normal seems to be the best mode to drive in. The AC performance takes a huge dip on switching to Eco, and Sport drains battery like anything. So Normal Mode seems best, at least in the scorching heat of Delhi.
- KERS Level 3 takes a lot of time to get used to. The deceleration on leaving the accelerator pedal is too high to be not noticed. You would even feel the car bending forwards just on lifting the foot off the pedal.
- Although majority of reviews say otherwise, but I found the implementation of the 360 degree camera to be very good and helpful.
- The UI of the infotainment system is really bad. You simply can’t find even the obvious things. The most useless things are put on the homepage and useful things are dug deep inside the UI. They didn’t even put a back button in the entire UI.
- Under thigh support is lacking in the rear seat. I expected it to be better. The front seats, on the other hand, are too comfortable.
- The quality of leatherite in the interior is really good and gives a complete luxurious feel.
- The Sunshade is very thin, and there is significant sunlight coming in even on closing the shade. But I doubt they could have done much here considering that the shade has to not just go back and rather crumble in a roll due to the length of the shade. All in all, the pan atomic sunroof enhances the driving experience significantly.
- I found it a little weird that the data of KMs run, etc. can be reset whenever you want. You can reset both trip and overall data, which seems odd to me.
- The most absurd design flaw in the car is that you cannot raise the wipers. I tried doing this and it stuck in the edge of the bonnet, scraping some paint as well. You have to go through a lengthy procedure of putting the wipers in service mode to be able to raise them. The entire charade is blantaly senseless and unnecessary.
Will post more about my impressions of the car in my coming days.
The car doesn’t start charging until you lock it. That obviously rules out sitting inside or switching on AC while charging.
I think they have done this for safety purposes so that no one is inside the car in case any overheating or mishap happens during charging.
Read BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article